Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Is it really that bad?

Last night I found myself staring in disbelief as I watched Second Darling literally scraping her lasagna clean of all cheese and sauce. What was even more astounding was the growing pile of paper napkins that she was discarding as she used them to do her dirty work. Fourth darling had sauce everywhere, I think, except on the piano, and here Second Darling is teetering on OCD with pasta! This was one of those moments where my brain said, "Be a grown-up. Don't say anything. It's her food, let her eat it the way she wants." I actually listened this time, but it sure was hard not to say "What's the big deal?" Darling Man would insert here that this commentary is coming from the girl who wouldn't accept a chipped cookie as a child. So that's his two cents. I think I've come a long way baby. Well, maybe she is a lot like me, even if she looks just like him.

On another subject, meet Lola. - our newest contestant in the game show that is our life. She's soooo sweet! Of course, it took her two nights of howling to wear us down. Now she's in our bed, actually curled up next to Darling Man's pillow. Oh well. If scraping pasta sauce off cooked noodles doesn't freak us out, a dog on the bed is no big deal!

No comments: