Saturday, June 21, 2008

Date Night

Ahhh. The planets aligned, and Darling Man and I were actually able to go out on a date. Darling Grandmom and Grandpa worked crowd control at our house, buying off the darlings with corn dogs and Spider Man cake.

We drive in the oh so sexy minivan to a nice little bakery/bistro. You know - one where you place an order at the counter and then they call your number when it's ready? (Yea, yea, it's just a step up from McDonald's, but it is a step up, nonetheless). Darling Man gives the order, and when the order chick asks "will that complete your order?" he said "Yes." ??????? I looked at him and said "You better be paying for mine! considering the government won't subsidize me raising his spawn. He turned a darling shade of red. As I left him at the counter to pay, I heard him sheepishly explaining to order chick that he's just so used to ordering lunch individually at work. Wow. Out to lunch.....with grown ups.....nice. I digress. Anyway, it is a very rare occasion that I actually have something to tease him about. Usually it's me making the gaffs, losing his wallet or burning the clutch out on his truck. We had a nice time visiting over dinner. I actually enjoyed eating, and remembered what it was I ate since I didn't have to answer five kazillion trillion questions all at the same time.

But wait - the romance continues. After dinner we went to the bookstore. Each of us had $40 to spend on books. This was such an exciting prospect that we ditched each other at the door to go on our own treasure hunt. This confirms our induction into Gamma Gamma Geek, the local secret society for full on geeks. By-the-way, contrary to popular belief, the above pic is
not actually me and Darling Man. I don't know who those people are.

No comments: