Friday, July 25, 2008

Working a great supply buzz

Ahhh. It's beautiful isn't it? School supplies. Yes, I'll admit it. I've been a school supply junkie since I can remember. I can specifically remember the animated raccoon on my third grade notebook, and let's not forget the required-for-every-American-girl-horse TrapperKeeper!

Let me tell you, I got giddy when I saw composition books on sale for five cents a piece! Agghhhhh!!! I think I've hit nirvana. Oh yes, these supplies, pictured here, are for my children, well, most of them are for the kids. In order to extend the rush, NO ONE is to touch the supplies, until I pass them out on that glorious first day of school. Yes, I am a dork. Actually, just call me Queen of the Dorks. So be it.

I wonder if a psychologist would link my decision to go back to graduate school to my enjoyment of all things school supply-ish? Hmmmm?

Darling Man absolutely doesn't understand this thrill. When I was getting up early to shop for the hallowed school supplies right before fifth grade, he was sporting his Indiana Jones hat, probably swinging from tree to tree. So, now with his own spawn, he doesn't see the big deal about The Supplies.

I know that there are fellow dorks out there, whether or not you will admit it.
Enjoy your school supply hunt. I will relish every fresh, unused note pad, unsharpened pencil and fresh, un-mixed-up box of markers!

No comments: