Thursday, January 17, 2008

That Kind of Morning

It's only 10:30am, but it's already become "one of those" mornings. My breakfast consisted of Reece's peanut butter cups, and diet coke - not because I'm binging, but because we're out of milk for cereal, and it's time to go to the grocery store.

Darlings one and two fussed about morning cartoons, so the TV was instantly shut down. That left a grumpy cloud hanging over everyone. Before the TV was banished, Darling One and Little Man watched Darling Four empty the wipee box without flinching. I walked into the den to find a wipee-covered floor! (Do you know how much those things cost?)

So to add to the joy, I laid down the hammer and said "CLEAN UP"! So, for the past few minutes, and as I type, darlings are scurrying around picking up pieces of paper, incomplete puzzles, and anything else that is on the floor. Yes, I realize that I'm not helping them. That's the point. I've given myself a time-out...and it just happens to be on my blog. I am giddy with anticipation to tell them once they're done with their Cinderella impersonations, that it's time for school! Ha-ha-ha.......oh yea, it promises to be a day filled with sunshine and lollipops!

Public Service Announcement: Hey, you! If you haven't marked yourself on my map, please, please, please do! If you already have, thank you. I'm sure you'll be subpoenaed as witnesses when they take me away to the funny farm.

No comments: