Monday, April 14, 2008

Sum'thin Stuk

Hallelujah! I got a wonderful surprise today when Darling Mother-in-Law told me about First Darling using "plagiarism" in a sentence. She was quite impressed. So was I! How many nine year old kids do you know who can appropriately use "plagiarism" in a sentence?

Darling MIL even asked her what it meant, and First Darling explained that it was stealing another person's idea.

You know what this means, right? Yea!!!! Something has stuck in homeschooling! Of course, if I had been a betting mother, I wouldn't have put much on the definition of "plagiarism," but I'll take it!

We had actually discussed the concept of plagiarism, but it was just a mention. It's amazing what they'll remember. I'll start polishing my tiara now. Not too bad.....

No comments: