Saturday, December 15, 2007

Little Miss Independent

This is our Fourth Darling. She has just turned seventeen months, (for those of you who don't count kids by the month - that's a little more than a year and a half). As you can tell by her fashion choices, it's cold here, but you can also see a streak of independence, no? The sweater is GAP, the dress underneath is MaryKate&Ashley, the pants are Carters, the shoes are Koala Kids, and the hat is by Pooh Bear. She's quite the fashionista.

Last night I was out for awhile, and when I returned, the darlings were in bed, all except the little Fourth Darling. She met me in the kitchen wearing nothing but her brother's pull-up. Wow - what a bod. I think her measurements are 18", 18", and 18". She's been trying to potty train herself lately, and according to Darling Man, she's opted NOT to wear her diaper (as evidenced by several she had ripped off repeatedly) and insists on the pull-ups. While trying to put four monkeys to bed with no help, he happily agreed to her demands for underpants options. I can't blame him. It's survival.

Gee - Little Man is finally taking me seriously that I want him to use the potty regularly, and here's little sis showing him up. Oh well. Maybe everyone will be out of diapers by Easter! Fourth Darling's insistence on her own choices so early, kind of scares me makes me wonder what the next decade will bring.

No comments: