Sunday, September 9, 2007

The Mysteries of Men


My little boy is a man. Well, as much of a man as a three year old can be. He "tee-teed" at the potty standing up! There was much jubilation, knuckle punching and whooping between him and his daddy. All of this while the sisters and I watched the celebration in a confused disgust. Knowing that Little Man is outnumbered in the house, I was glad he had reached this manly milestone, but all the while I was thanking the potty gods that our bathroom is tiled four feet up on all the walls. (What really makes me need a margarita is that I've been warned that four feet is not nearly enough). This also means that midnight screeching will soon be upon us when one of the sisters lands in the water after Little Man has obligingly left the seat up. He's well on his way into the Man Club. Good for him, but we girls have no idea why it is so cool for guys to be able to stand up for the task. I've asked Darling Man, with all academic sincerity, and the only answer I can get is "I don't know, it's just cool!"

No comments: