Monday, September 3, 2007

Conquering the Beast



Yes, we did it! We made it through our first day of school today. It was great! I think I smiled a little more than this vanquishing squirrel killer. (I HAD to use this picture....it was just to funny to leave out!). There were no tears, no struggles and both Darlings actually told me how much "fun" it was! Miracle of miracles, I even managed to go out for brunch with my Darling Man. The mere fact that I got more than one thing done today, in and of itself, is a true miracle. Today was a great day!

Not every day is this victorious, mind you. Sometimes we are not so fortunate. I am praying that this will be a good indicator of the year ahead. On those days that I feel more like this squirrel than the warrior, I'm going to re-read this post and remember today.

No comments: