Wednesday, August 29, 2007

It's the End of the World

I was nursing Darling #4 in my bedroom, when I heard something.....actually, I heard silence. (If you live with small children you'll understand that silence is a tangible, dynamic experience). I unplugged baby (thanking God she stayed asleep), and walked out into the hall. It was deserted. Into the kitchen, and still no signs of life. Terror gripped my soul. It can't be...they're probably foraging for snacks! Unfortunately, the refrigerator was sitting happily unmolested, and the TV was off. (Also unfortunately, the dish fairy has lost directions to my house). Super Dog was lying on the porch panting, which is a sure sign that there's no one outside to play with him. Where were my darlings? I went back down the hallway and ventured into the Shadowlands, also known as their bedrooms. Every single one of them was under their own covers, asleep!!!! I dropped to my knees and shook my fists at the heavens....Nooooooooooooooooo!

Because you know what this means? No, it doesn't mean I get a nap too. Nor does it mean that I have super responsible adults that masquerade as small children. It means that everyone of them is sick! - $#%^&^%@**!

No comments: