Sunday, October 28, 2007

Wow! It Worked!


Well, who would have thunk it. I actually loaded Mozilla Firefox and it now allows me to reach my blog...all from the comforts of my nest! Yea technology!

So, how are you? I am sure, (and I'm sure Darling Man would agree), that I have sooooo many other things I should could be doing, but this is a great stress reliever for me. It's way better than compulsive shopping, counting the cracks in the foundation, and trying to figure out what I'm fixing for dinner tomorrow night. Ahhh...those were the days.

I digress...what have I been up to? Hmmmm. Where to start, where to start? Let's see. The nursery staff at our church basically insinuated that our Fourth Darling was being abused. They weren't so blunt or politically incorrect, but they were "concerned that she had so many bruises"...and..."were we doing 'okay'?" and" did I feel safe?" First and foremost, (because so many people aren't smart enough to recognize sarcasm) I understand the horrible realities of child abuse and 'objectively' I understand the nursery's concern - so don't send me any self-righteous comments about me not taking it seriously. What really pissed me off was that so many things were not taken into consideration before throwing such a loaded "insinuation" out there. First, my daughter is just slightly more tan than Casper the ghost. Secondly, she's one year old and a rookie at walking (although she has just about mastered climbing up on top of the dinning room table). Lastly, I had been asked once before, in a non-threatening aside, about her bruises. I explained then, without thinking twice, that all my children bruised at that age: they're white, (super white)- and very active. We don't keep them in a padded room (although right about now, I wouldn't mind one with a diet coke and some magazines). The first questioning didn't really phase me. I guess at the core of it, what just "got my goat" was that I felt that despite my assurances, they were questioning my love and mothering of my daughter, let alone the veiled implication that my husband was up to no good. I'm still pretty steamed...obviously.

Well darlings. Enough rage for one night. God is good. We are all fine...even the pale bruised one. Just so you'll rest easy...we had the Fourth Darling checked out at the pediatrician's office the very next day. (I was playing beat the clock with speed dial when I knew his office should be opening in the morning). He was incensed that we were questioned because, according to him, "these are very typical bruises for a toddler." She is not anemic nor a hemophiliac. I did let the nursery know the doctor's opinion, and thanked them for their concern, (of course my jaw hurt afterwards - it's very difficult to speak through clenched teeth).

On to next week. Monday morning the big green van will be bouncing down the loop towards the dentist's office. Poor thing, she has no idea what's about to burst into her office.

Sweet dreams!

1 comment:

amelia said...

Sorry about that! I am impressed at your self control. Do you think the workers will drop it? I would have freaked if someone insinuated that too. Oy!