Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Sleeping With the Chickens


As I walked by my son's room tonight, I saw something strange in his bed. From the distance, I couldn't quite make out what it was. As I moved closer I was both horrified amused that tucked under his arm was a featherless rubber chicken. You know, the kind you find in the joke shops? Why in the world would he sleep with that? It's kind of creepy looking, if you ask me.


Darling hubby had it at work (he's the workplace version of the class clown). I think my Third Darling's affinity to the pathetic foul has more to do with his daddy's ownership of it than any cuddle factor it might hold. Scattered around his bed were his Texas longhorn - Beevo, the teddy bear that jingles whenever you move it, as well as the jointed wooden snake. How this nasty chicken ever made it to the prestigious spot under his arm, I'll never know. But it will sure be a sweet memory that I hope I can use when I meet his first girlfriend!

No comments: